Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What an Amazing Summer I had!!!

Well I guess I have to apologize because I just completely disappeared.  This was probably one of the best and busiest summers I have had since I was diagnosed with my cancer.  Every year around April I start getting ready for upcoming season at the city pool.  I am one of the Assistant Manager's at our pool, and I would have to say that once pool season is here, I am one very busy gal.  I absolutely love our pool and even though I get exhausted from working both jobs.  I just can't seem to pull myself away from my friends, the kids and the families I have gotten to know down there through the years. 

So, let's see what have I been up to since my last entry.  The pool and my full time job definately consumed the majority of my time.  But we had a rough start at the pool this year.  Of course after filling the pool up, we notice we had some leaking.  So in the end we find we have to drain the pool, found the broken pipes and had to repair them.  This caused us to open just  a little late.  That was not much fun....a city full of people who want to be in the pool NOW!!  Hopefully in the end everyone was satisfied once we opened back up and made adjustments to our season's rates.  (it also helped that we extended the hours a little longer at the end of season)  So my typical day.  Mon - Fri   full time job 9 am to 5:30 pm.  My hours at the pool.  Mostly worked Mon, Tues, and Thursdays from 5:30 to close (usually 9 or 9:30pm)  And I managed on Sundays which were from 10:00 am to closing (anywhere from 7:30 to 9:30 pm)  Of course because I love being down there so much, I tend to take on more hours if I can.  Always tired at the end of the season, but wouldn't trade it for nothing!!

But, my summer wasn't all work.  I had some play in there too.  I started dating a wonderful guy back in March and he helped make my time off wonderful.  I forgot how much fun it was to go to a movie, or out to dinner, or just even watching tv at home with someone next to me.  This amazing person has me spoiled to death and I would have to say of all the relationships I have been in this one by far has been the best.  Now I know how a woman is supposed to be treated....even when I am a grumpy old bat half the time!!  

In July my boyfriend and I made a trip to Mississippi to see my oldest sister and her family.  My sister and her husband were celebrating their 30th anniversary, and had decided to have a Renewal Vow Wedding Ceremony in their backyard.  My other two sisters and their families also made the trip there and it was just an amazing week with family and sightseeing.  Was a little nervous to go on my first vacation in since like FOREVER and plus going alone with a boyfriend. WOW...this would either make us or break us!!  LOL.  We drove my little PT Cruiser there and unfortunately I was not very good at staying awake, so poor Derek had to do most of the driving.  My sister's ceremony was just probably the most wonderful and intimate experiences I have had with my family.  So amazing to see those two so happy after all these years.  I hope to have my relationship be as strong as theirs is.  After the ceremony was over, let the sight seeing begin.  My sister lives in Gulfport, Mississippi.  So we were close enough to go spend a day in New Orleans. Went to the Audubon Auquarium, French Quarter and the famous BOURBON STREET.  We ate at Bubba Gumps, and yes had one too many Hurricane drinks on Bourbon Street.  But oh what a fun experience.  Back home we got to spend a day a the beautiful beach and was so much fun enjoying the warm water and white sandy beaches.  Derek and I got in the car and drove around alot just seeing the area.  I hadn't been down there since before the Hurricane, so I was just shocked to see how much damage after all these years that there still is down there.  They are building back up again, but Katrina's damage will definately be there forever. We were there for the 4th of July and was just really neat to see the fireworks out over the Gulf.  I have't enjoyed a firework display like that since we lived back in Florida.  Fireworks by the ocean is pretty darn cool!!.  After a very quick and busy week, it was time to come home.  But on the way home we decided to make one last stop and we went to Graceland while we were in Memphis.  This stop ended up taking longer than we expected so we didn't arrive home until 5 am on Friday morning.  I slept for a couple of hours, then got up and came to work at 9 am.  After work that night we rushed to the Relay for Life Event that I had been waiting for a long time.  I had big huge expectations to stay all night this year...well needless to say that didnt work out so well.  Due to lack of sleep I was getting so wore out that by 9 pm I just could hardly walk and was not much fun to be around.  Slept all day Saturday!!!  (imagine that)

The rest of my summer was just spent with working, family and time spent with my boyfriend who eventually did move in with me.  Slight adjustment combining our things together in my tiny little house and getting used to having a male around all the time again.  Oh, and the dog that he just had to have.  I'm a sucker and so now I have a gorgeous black and white spotted female Australian Shephard/Border Collie mix.  She is a year old and we are still living through the aches and pains of her chewing everything up around the house.  She is a good pup though and I love her even though I hate her shedding. 

So what is to come?  In October I see my Oncologist to begin planning this year's body scan.  This year he will be taking me off the Synthroid to prep for the radiation tracer pill.  I will admit I am just a little scared, the thought of going Hypo again just makes me want to crawl in a hole and hide.  But, gotta do it, so Lord give me the strength!!

Will keep everyone posted the closer I get to this year's body scan.  And of course my typical unusual ranting that I will post from time to time!!

Love to all and hope everyone is ready for a beautiful Fall this year!!

~Momma T~

No comments:

Post a Comment