I am so happy to have more positive results today from my Pulmonary Functioning test. I am continuing to improve and Dr. says that I am healthy enough now that I will not have to worry about coming back for a year. YAY. Back when I was diagnosed with my Stage IV Thyroid Cancer we were really concerned about the 20 - 25 cancer nodules that had metastasized to my lungs. After doing my first dose of Radiation in December, my Pulmonologist recommended a baseline functioning test to keep an eye on the possibility of lung damage from the Radiation treatment. That first test was done on December 21, 2009. Results came back fairly good. I didn't have the best lungs in the world, but not bad considering the condition they were in. Then in September 2010 I did the follow up scan to see how the lung capacity was doing after the Radiation treatments. In September I was really struggling with shortness of breath, wheezing and just not breathing well at all. My functioning test showed that I had a 30% decrease in function from the test taken in December '09. At that time we were unsure how much of that would be permanent damage, and if there would be continued scar tissue building up. I obviously was told that this follow up would be required to continue to monitor the possible damage. So today was finally the day to go in and see if there has been an improvement. I had been telling everyone the last two days that I wanted to KILL this test today. That I was going to breathe as hard as I possibly could to make an improvement and at least get back to where my lung functioning was before the Radiation. After a 45 minute (or so) of testing. The results are back and I am excited to inform everyone that the results HAD IMPROVED. And they improved so much that they were even BETTER than the original test taken back in 2009. What a relief and extremely cool to see my Dr. tell me...."hmmm, your extremely healthy, I need to go now because I have other people out there that are really sick!!" and then chuckled with me. The only bad news of the day is he is officially diagnosing me with Asthma. But he states it is a very mild case. Only because I still have problems with wheezing occasionally and I am not comfortable yet going anywhere without my Albuterol. I am also to continue taking a puff from the Advair Diskus twice a day. Maybe in another year I will be able to stop taking those two meds.
I am feeling extremely amazing these days. And the only real problem I am still dealing with is the headaches. Both Dr.'s hoped that the increase in meds and the CPAP machine would improve the headaches, but so far that hasnt done the trick. So, will continue with the new medication increase from a few weeks ago and hope that we are able to find a solution to the headaches.
Love to all
~~Momma T~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment