Ahhh, yes a BLOG. LOL. I am on my third day into my 12 month New Year's Resolution. And I have started a Blog. Maybe this is cheating?? But I can say I have NOT broke my Resolution yet. Up to this point I would have to say that my life has not always been as I have fantasized or dreamed it would be. But, this year I have decided I don't have to dream anymore. I can just be happy with what I have and love me for me!! Now, that being said...I am far from that actual realization. I am focusing each day to remind myself that it is true.
After praying for the last several weeks on what I want to do to improve my life, my happiness, my health and my spiritual growth I have found just focusing on ONE thing to stop doing.....just does not work for me. Why??... if we every year have the same goal, to lose weight, exercise more, quit smoking, stop drinking, spend less etc. and we never actually follow through...why have a New Year's Resolution??? People chose to have a resolution, but knowing they will more than likely fail at it within the first few months. I don't want to fail on my New Year's Resolution by chosing something I know does not work. Yes, I came to this conclusion through prayer. (I have a very thick skull and it takes a lot to get through to me) So this year, I started off thinking, what if I just for one month got rid of my Facebook, would it help me hit my goal of exercisng more and reading my daily devotionals? Then I thought how my father truly wants me to give up Diet Pop, then I thought about the other things I can do to lose weight, cut back on chocolates, no sweets after dinner etc. This is how I came up with my 12 month New Years Resolution List. Each month I have chosen to give up one thing for that month. And Facebook was first on the list. I do miss playing on Farmville and Frontierville and City Life....but....they will still be there in 30 days!! It will not kill me to disapear for one month. Which has brought me to this new obsession....well I hope it doesn't become an obsession but more of a journal of my journey of discovering myself in the next 12 months. I like to talk...and honestly, I know that I like to hear the sound of my own voice more than anyone else does. If you want to follow along with me, I would love it. And feel free to join in, or add topics. Although if you know me very well..you will find that it doesn't take much for me to come up with SOMETHING to talk about!!
Oh, before I sign out for today I am listng my 12 months list for you to enjoy (and yes some of my family may even enjoy a good giggle )
January-NO FACEBOOK
February-NO POP
March-NO CHOCOLATE
April-NO FAST FOOD
May-NO SWEETS AFTER 5 PM
June-NO NONSENSE SHOPPING AT WAL-MART or OTHER RETAIL STORES
July-NO MOVIE RENTALS or GOIN TO THE MOVIES
August-NO COFEE
September-NO COMPLAINING
October-NO PIZZA
November-NO YELLING
December-NO GOSSIPING
Obiviously, my goal is to learn to prove to myself that I can give up simple things to make myself better, healthier, and save money to pay for the things that are NECESSARY. I am tired of being unhappy with who I am, pretending to be something different, and hiding from every bill collector known to mankind. I want to raise two girls who can be proud of their mother and know that even though I was not perfect, that I loved them with every ounce of my being. (and maybe some day have enough money to at least pay for their counseling sessions for all the mistakes I made). And last but not least....beat Cancer completely so that I can be the BEST GRANDMA in the WORLD. (that is part of my fantasizing....I am dieing to be a grandma, and hope that my girls will bless me someday with lots of them)
Welcome to my journey and thanks for joining me!!!!
Lots of Love ~Momma T~
Tracy if anyone can do a blog it will be you! If you won't try being a standup comedienne like your Aunt wants you to be, then this might be the next best thing to show your awesome sense of humor in the best and worst of all situations!! I have been your biggest fan for about 40 1/2 yrs now and will continue to the day I die! Good luck Tray (can't call you Momma T, reminds me of Momma Cass from the Momma's & the Papa's!) Love you bunches!
ReplyDeleteTracy,
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you for praying and listening to what God wants from you. This is a wonderful idea! My question to you is what are you doing with the hours you aren't "farming?" We will be talking about something similar to this in women's group on Thursday night. You have come such a long way dear sister.
Blessings!