Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thankful for a Quiet Saturday morning.

Got a good nights rest, which I truly enjoyed.  I was propped up in my bed with my electric blanket on and reading a bible study.  Yes, I fell asleep with that bible next to me last night and don't remember a thing until I woke up this morning at 10:00am.  For those of you who know me, sleep is one of my most favorite things in the world (tanning in the sun is a real close second).   I do it best and lately I have been sleeping even better now that I have this ugly CPAP on. 

So, this morning I am working on laundry, enjoying the quiet house and I have the movie Dragonfly playing in the background.  My oldest daughter is heading out to Colorado for a week with her boyfriend, and just swung by to pick up the presents for my neice and nephew that she forgot last night. Obviously they are running extremely late as they were supposed to be on the road very early this morning.  Oh to be 21 again and to just be able to live life on a whim.  Best of luck to my sister and her family while puting up with those two for the week.  : )

My youngest has not wandered out of her room yet.  Normally I would say that bothers me, but today I would be ok if she stayed in there all day.  With the exception of the kitchen being cleaned (which I will do myself) I can't think of anything else I could make her do today anyway.

This week has been full of ups and downs.  I am still proud of myself for sticking with my no Facebook pledge.  Even though this blog sorta has preoccupied me during this time, I would still have to say I spend MUCH LESS time on here than I did on Facebook.  My struggles have been dealing with my health issues and some decisions I have currently chosen to make as far as my treatments are concerned. I would have to say it is not easy being a single mom, paying a mortgage and drowning in medical debt.  Yes my body scan came back with significant improvement from last year (praise God). Most of the cancer is gone from my lungs, but there is still some cancer left.  I am currently working with my Oncologist to see if we can't put some treatments off for a while to allow myself an opportunity to get some of these medical bills under control.  I know that I have a few people who are not very happy with this decision.  But I truly have not made any life threatening decisions at this point. So no reason to worry.  I know a new scan will be needed in order to decide what step of treatment is next.   I am just requesting to possibly put off the scan for a while.  A new year, brings a new deductible, and unfortunately ObamaCare hasn't done me any favors.  To my family and my close friends, just hang in there for me. 

And last but not least, one thing I have found in this short week, is how many other Christians have come across my blog and left such nice encouraging comments. I never thought that I would connect with others outside of my own little circle of life.  This is encouraging me, however I must admit that I am extremely jealous of the fact that I am not able to recite scripture as well as you all do.  My blog will be more of a journey of me growing in faith with hopes someday I will be as knowledgable and fluent in the teachings of the Lord.  (Again, if you read back to one of my first blogs, I admit I have a very thick skull, and it is not very easy to get through to me) So, this journey may take a long long time. 

As I am sure it is time to fold laundry and start another load I must sign off for now. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

~Momma T~

No comments:

Post a Comment